Tax Time - Income Tax Refunds!


It's that time of year again. Yup, I just used the lamest way to start this post. So original, right? LOL!

I just wanted to make a quick post to let all those who pay people to do their personal income tax returns, to know that they don't have to pay for something when you can have it done for free. If you're just a regular employee and just work your 9 - 5 job to get your paycheck with no bells or whistles like job expenses and such, stop paying places like H&R Block or Liberty Tax. Do it yourself real easy and for free online using Tax Chopper. No this is not a paid review, it's simply my opinion on a service that I've used over the past few years. Best of all it's FREE! (In most cases)

Regular Price*

1return:$9.98 
2returns:$15.98 
3 - 5returns:$19.98 
6 - 15returns:$25.98 
* Package price is for returns prepared within one account for one tax year. Only non-free returns count. The amount you will have to pay is the above price plus GST/HST.
You are eligible for free service if:
  • You were a full-time student and spent six or more months in school in the tax year, or
  • You were a newcomer to Canada in the tax year, or
  • You were single / divorced / widowed / separated at the end of the tax year, and your total income (line 150) is less than $25,000; or
  • You were married / living common-law at the end of the tax year and the sum of both spouses' total income (line 150) is less than $30,000.
My brother directed me to these guys a while back and I have been using them ever since. I just did up my 2018 tax year and I will be getting over $2K back for a refund. It will take a week or so to have it direct deposited. They submit it through NETFILE for you. It's really easy to fill out and only took me about 10 minutes. Yeah, 10 minutes. Unlike those other places like H&R Block where you have to sit and wait for your turn having hours of your personal time taken away when you really don't need to.

Sure you'll have to wait a bit to get your refund direct deposited into your bank, but I'd rather wait a bit than pay out $50 + just so I can get somebody to do the exact same thing I did online. Type in numbers into a computer.

So unless you're hard up for cash and need an immediate refund check, you should really try out Tax Chopper. It's worth it.

And again, no this is not a paid review. But if Tax Chopper would like to pay me for this post, they are most welcome to. LOL!

Any thought's on this service? Have you already tried them? Answer in the comments.

Post a Comment

0 Comments