Losing a Pet Sucks!

November 13th 2015 will go down as one of the worst days of my life.

Around 6:30am I heard a thunk noise out in the kitchen and I thought it was my Cat Brain, who was just climbing all over me like he usually does every morning trying to wake me up,  was out in the cupboards. The thunk sound was his head hitting the floor I believe. It might have been a heart attack as he was a tad overweight. He was only 9 years old and I thought I had way more time with him.

I got up a few minutes later to find him laying on the kitchen floor. He was still warm and I tried to breath life back into his tiny nose and mouth. I was a blubbering wreck.

Those who have pets might understand the grief I'm feeling. He was a huge part of my life. All those quirky things that he did which gave him his personality were what made me happy, and I think he knew that. The routines we had with each other every morning, chatting it up with me as I put on a pot of coffee, he always supervised me while I did my morning business in the bathroom, and feeding time was the main event.  All that has come to an abrupt end, and I miss it all. Brain left behind an Older Brother, Buddy and a young Pup who just came into the family a few weeks ago, Katie, and a heartbroken Daddy, Me.

I created a Memorial page mainly for myself at https://www.facebook.com/brain.macdonald/ , but if you'd like to get to know what he was like that's fine too.

I miss you so much my little Pookie.



Post a Comment

0 Comments